What is “Digital DNREC”?
Digital DNREC is our new one-stop online portal for hunters, trappers, anglers and wildlife area users. Digital DNREC gives you more control over your purchases and harvest reporting!
Creating an account is fast, easy and free. Need help? Follow the instructions on the next page to create your account today to access Digital DNREC.
Do you need to PURCHASE A LICENSE, STAMP, PERMIT, PASS OR TAGS?
- Create a Digital DNREC account and log in to select and purchase licenses, stamps, permits, passes and tags.
- Log in to view “My Dashboard” where you can find all of your current purchases, view active licenses, stamps, permits, passes and tags, and reprint missing or lost documents.
Are you a parent or legal guardian with youth hunters?
- Every adult hunter must have his or her own account to access the system online.
- Parents or legal guardians can register their dependent children under the age of 18 on the parent’s or guardian’s account.
- See the following pages for additional instructions.
Are you a NEW HUNTER or TRAPPER?
- Create a Digital DNREC account and sign up for a basic hunter education course and/or a trapper safety education course.
- Browse and register for upcoming Hunter Education courses through the “Courses” tab on your “My Dashboard” page when you sign in to your Digital DNREC account.
Are you a LICENSE EXEMPT HUNTER or TRAPPER?
- Create a Digital DNREC account and you will be able to apply online for your free License Exempt Number (LEN)!
- A LEN for hunting can only be obtained through Digital DNREC or an authorized licensing agent. You will no longer be able to obtain your LEN by calling the Hunter Registration System.
- Separate LENs will be issued for hunters and trappers. If you participate in both hunting and trapping, and you are license exempt for both, you will receive two different LENs.
Do you plan to drive through or park on a State Wildlife Area?
- Hunters (that are not license exempt) will receive one free Conservation Access Pass (CAP) with the purchase of a hunting license.
- If you are a licensed trapper, a license-exempt hunter or trapper, not a hunter, or a licensed hunter who needs a CAP for another vehicle, you’ll need to purchase a CAP for your vehicle.
Are you a DEER or SNOW GOOSE HUNTER?
- You can view, manage and keep track of your Deer Harvest Report Card and associated deer tags.
- Need more deer tags? Quickly purchase more online as needed.
- Report your deer harvest.
- Report snow goose hunting effort under your Conservation Order permit.
- Keep track of your harvests each year — your license and your harvest reporting are tied to your account making access faster and easier!
Do I have to create and use a Digital DNREC account?
- No. You can still purchase your licenses, stamps, permits, passes and tags at authorized licensing agents. A list of authorized licensing agents can be found at: https://dnrec.alpha.delaware.gov/fish-wildlife/licenses/agents/.
- If you don’t create an account, you can still go online to:
- Report your deer harvest.
- Obtain a Harvest Information Program (HIP) number for waterfowl and migratory bird hunting.
- Register for your Snow Goose Conservation Order permit.
- Report your snow goose hunting effort.
What features are accessible ONLY with a Digital DNREC account?
- Your Digital DNREC account will provide easy access to your current licenses, stamps, permits, passes and tags. Past items purchased or obtained in Digital DNREC can be viewed through “Order History”.
- Access and review prior years’ harvests.
- Traveling to hunt in another state? Access your Hunter Safety Number (HSN) and certificate at any time to take with you.
- Reprint missing or lost documents.
Create your FREE account
Start by visiting Digital DNREC at https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov and click on REGISTER NOW under Personal Account Type. If you already have a Digital DNREC account, you can skip to “Signing in to Digital DNREC and BUYING your license, stamp, permit, pass and tags”.
TIP: Use the right type of Web browser. For the best user experience, we recommend using Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. Do Not Use Internet Explorer.
Enter your name, email address and phone number. Then, create a password for your account and click “Next”.
IMPORTANT: To create an account, you will need a valid email address. Your email address can only be used to create one account.
IMPORTANT: Your email address will be the username for your account and cannot be changed.
TIP: A good password contains upper and lowercase letters, numbers and at least one of the following: !@#$%^&*. Passwords must be at least 8 characters in length.
Next you will enter your date of birth, your address and other important information. Note that you can skip entering your Social Security Number (SSN) or Hunter Safety Number (HSN) when creating your account; however, most licenses require both and you will be prompted to enter these numbers at the time you purchase a license if they are not already included with your account.
IMPORTANT: If you click “Yes” for Basic Hunter Education, Mandatory Trapper Education and/or Mandatory Turkey Education, you will be prompted to enter the state in which you took the course, an HSN issued by that state (if applicable). You will also be prompted to upload a copy of your hunter education certificate or card if the course was not taken in Delaware.
TIP: Save time later and enter your SSN and HSN at this step.
Check your email for a verification message from Digital DNREC. Click on the link in the email to verify your account.
TIP: Your email should arrive within 15 minutes. If it does not arrive within 15 minutes, check your Junk Mail or Spam folder. If it still has not arrived, you may click on the “Resend Verification” link or call (302) 739-9918 for assistance.
Signing in to Digital DNREC and BUYING your license, stamp, permit, pass and tags
TIP: Be prepared! Before you go any further, be sure to have the following information ready and at hand:
- Your Delaware Hunter Safety Number (HSN) and card (if you did not enter or upload it while creating your account). If you have taken hunter education outside of Delaware, you will need to upload a copy of your Hunter Education certificate or card from the state where it was taken.
- Your registration card for the vehicle you are most likely to use to access a state wildlife area. Purchase of your hunting license comes with a free Conservation Access Pass.
To begin, go to Digital DNREC at https://epermitting.dnrec.delaware.gov and sign in with your email address and password. Once you sign in, you will see “My Dashboard”. This screen shows all current licenses and other items you’ve purchased or obtained in Digital DNREC. It also includes a “Courses” tab where you can sign up for a course or view Hunter Education courses that you are registered for, and an “Action Items” tab for any outstanding actions on your account. To begin purchasing your hunting license, click the + Start Here button and follow the steps below.
Program: Select “Yes” if the purchase is for you, the primary account holder. Choose your program: Division of Fish & Wildlife — Hunting & Trapping. Then click “Next”.
IMPORTANT: If you select “No”, one or more dependents you have already added to your account will appear in the drop down box. If you select “No” and you have not added any dependents to your account, you will be prompted to do so here.
TIP: For more details about Adding a Dependent to your account, see the next page “Step 4 — How do I purchase a license for a dependent under age 18?”
License/Permit: Answer the residency question and select your license/permit type from the drop-down box. Then click “Next”.
Required Questions: Select any additional items now, including additional deer tags, a Delaware Waterfowl Stamp, a Conservation Access Pass, a Deer Stand/Waterfowl Blind Lottery Permit or a Snow Goose Conservation Order permit. You can also register for a Harvest Information Program (HIP) number if you plan to hunt migratory birds. Then click “Next”.
IMPORTANT: If you did not include your Social Security Number (SSN) and/or Hunter Safety Number (HSN) when you created your profile, you will be prompted to do so now.
IMPORTANT: Some selections will require additional information. If you make a selection that requires additional information, such as Conservation Access Pass, you will be prompted to fill in the required fields.
TIP: If you do not know which items you want to purchase now, you can always return to your account in the future to purchase more items or to obtain free items such as a HIP number or Snow Goose Conservation Order Permit number. If you choose not to get your free Conservation Access Pass (CAP) at the time that you purchase your license, you can return to your account later and claim your one free CAP.
Terms of Service: Review and accept the Terms of Service. Click “Agree to Terms” at the bottom of the page if you accept.
Review & Pay: Review your order. Click “Add to Cart” when you are ready to proceed.
TIP: Before you click “Add to Cart”, be sure to review the items you have selected. Did you miss something? Did you change your mind and want to remove something before going to your cart? Go back to STEP 3) Required Questions to add or remove items.
FINAL STEPS: Review your Cart. You can remove items from the Cart or purchase items for yourself or a Dependent by selecting “Save Cart & Return Home”, following the same instructions listed previously. To proceed with your purchase, click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
TIP: If you choose to “Save Cart and Return Home”, your Cart will expire within 24 hours and you will need to start over with your selections.
Next, enter your payment information, including your billing address, and click on “Continue”. If you forget to enter required information marked with an “*” or enter the wrong credit card number or expiration date, you will be prompted to make corrections.
Complete a final review of your credit card information and billing address. If everything is correct, click on “Confirm”.
TIP: It may take a minute or two to process once you click confirm. Do not use your browser’s back button during this time.
Lastly, when your transaction is complete you will see your order receipt. From here you can print your license and your receipt. Your license, stamp, permit, pass and tags will appear on your account’s “My Dashboard” screen now and the next time you visit Digital DNREC.
How do I purchase a license for a dependent under age 18?
To purchase a license for a dependent, you must first add the dependent to your account. Log in and hover your cursor over your name in the upper right corner of your screen. A small menu of options will appear. Click on “My Profile” from this list to begin.
Personal Information: When you click on “My Profile”, the next screen will display your personal information. At the bottom of the screen, any dependents associated with your account will be displayed. Click on “Add a Dependent” to add a new dependent to your account.
TIP: Have your dependent’s information readily available, including birth date, Social Security Number (SSN) and Hunter Safety Number (HSN). Note that you can skip entering your dependent’s SSN or HSN during this step; however, most licenses require both numbers and you will be prompted to enter these numbers at the time you purchase a license for your dependent if the information is not already included with your account.
Personal Information: Input the required information for your dependent. Follow any prompts for any additional information requests. Click “Submit” when finished.
Once you have added the information for your dependent and have clicked “Submit”, you will be returned to your Personal Information page. Your dependent will now be listed below your personal information. To purchase a license, stamp, permit, pass and/or tags for your dependent, click on “My Dashboard” on the upper left of the screen.
Now back on your “My Dashboard” screen, click on + Start Here.
On the Program screen, select “No” to answer if this purchase is for you. You will now find your dependent listed in the drop down menu.
Tip: If the dependent you want to select is not listed, you will have to add the dependent now. Select Add a Dependent from the drop down list and you will be sent back to the “My Profile” screen to add additional dependents.
You may now proceed with purchasing a license, stamp, permit, pass or tags for your dependent. Return to STEP 2 on the previous page for purchasing instructions.