What’s New for 2020
- In 2019 two individuals met the qualifications as ‘Elite” anglers and are named on Sport Fishing Tournament Updates. For more information on how to qualify, see Sport Fishing Tournament. Give it shot in 2020!
- New state records for False Albacore and catfish were established in 2019. See Sport Fishing Tournament Updates for details.
- The Designated Trout Waters for Pike Creek have been extended. See Trout Fishing for more details.
- New regulations will likely be necessary for several saltwater species in 2020. The electronic version of Delaware’s fishing guide, available at www.fw.delaware.gov, is updated to reflect such regulatory changes as they occur.
- Anglers and boaters should be aware that shellfish aquaculture leasing has started in Delaware’s Inland Bays. For more information on lease marking, see Access Areas.
- A new Fishing & Boating Access site is open on the Little River in the Town of Little Creek. In addition, major renovations were made to the Millsboro Pond and Phillips Landing Fishing & Boating Access Areas. A kayak/canoe launch and transient boat dock and bank fishing opportunities are now available at Woodland Wharf. See Access Areas for location information.
2020 Free Fishing Days!
In celebration of National Fishing and Boating Week, June 6-14, 2020, the Division has designated June 6 and 7 as free fishing days when anyone may fish in Delaware’s waters without a fishing license.