What’s New for 2019
- In 2017 we added a new “Elite Angler Award”. Five individuals met the qualifications and are named on Sport Fishing Tournament Updates. For more information on how to qualify, see Sport Fishing Tournament. Give it shot in 2019!
- A new state record Cobia was established in 2018. See State Record Holders for details.
- An amendment to change the start time of fishing on the opening day of trout season on designated trout streams is being considered and may be in place for the 2019 season. The online version of the fishing guide, available at www.fw.delaware.gov, will be updated to reflect such a change if it occurs. See Freshwater Trout Fishing for more information on freshwater trout fishing.
- In accordance with the interstate fishery management plan, new regulations for Cobia are expected in 2019. The electronic version of Delaware’s fishing guide, available at www.fw.delaware.gov, is updated to reflect such regulatory changes as they occur.
- Anglers and boaters should be aware that shellfish aquaculture leasing has started in Delaware’s Inland Bays. For more information on lease marking, see Invasive Species.
Hey, having trouble identifying your catch? Want to know a good bait to use to catch a certain species? Need to find out what the current state record is for a species? Check out our “Fish Facts” page with loads of helpful information on over 180 species of fish and shellfish you can catch in Delaware waters. Just type fishspecies.dnrec.delaware.gov in any browser and click on a category. Many folks keep it bookmarked on their smartphone for quick access. Enjoy!