Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Delaware Guide/Hunt License

The Delaware Guide License is a relatively recent addition to the licensing requirements. As such, the Division of Fish and Wildlife gets questions related to the specifics. Here are the requirements related to this license. For those still having questions, please call the Division’s Recreational Licensing Office at (302) 739-9918.

All individuals receiving monetary or in-kind compensation for providing personal guide services to hunters are required to have a Delaware Guide License. License holders must be 18 years of age or older.

Persons acquiring a guide license must not have been convicted for violations of any wildlife or fisheries statutes or regulations within the last three years prior to applying for a Delaware Guide License.

All persons possessing a Delaware Guide License are required to complete and submit an annual report to the Division within seven days after the close of the season to include the following information which must be readily available for inspection by enforcement officers: full name of each hunter, address of each hunter in the party, hunting license number for each hunter, date, number and species of each animal harvested, location of hunts and the name and license number of the guide.

The guide shall retain all hunting field records for a period of three years.

A resident or non-resident Guide/Hunt license is valid as a Guide and a Hunting license. A separate hunting license is not required.

A non-resident shall be exempt from the guide licensing requirement only while guiding hunters for snow geese (light geese), provided:

  • The non-resident is properly licensed to guide in another state or Canadian province which extends the same exemption to Delaware residents;
  • The non-resident guide purchases a Delaware migratory waterfowl (duck) stamp and obtains a Delaware H.I.P. permit;
  • The non-resident resides in another state or Canadian province which extends the same exemption to Delaware residents.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: