The Hunter’s Pledge
Hunting provides unique challenges and rewards. However, the future of this great
tradition depends on each hunter being responsible and ethical.
Therefore, as a hunter, I pledge to:
- Show respect for the laws.
- Show respect for other hunters.
- Show respect toward landowners and always obtain
permission to hunt on private land.
- Show respect for non-hunters.
- Show respect for the land and wildlife resources.
- Familiarize myself with the areas where I plan to hunt and know the activities that occur there.
- Wear at least 400 square inches of fluorescent orange when required for hunting.
- Dress appropriately and be prepared for any sudden weather changes.
- Call out “Hunter here!” loudly to make my location known if I see another hunter.
- Take responsibility for my actions while hunting.