Junior Hunter Training Days
Regulations designate certain days for youth hunting in Connecticut. On these days, licensed junior hunters may hunt when accompanied by a licensed adult hunter 18 years of age or older. The adult mentor may not carry a firearm. These training days will provide junior hunters with an opportunity to learn safe and effective hunting practices from experienced hunters.
Saturday, April 16 and Saturday, April 23, 2011
- Private Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a valid spring season private land turkey permit and written consent from landowner. Adult mentor must have a valid spring season turkey permit and written consent from the landowner. Adult mentor may assist in calling turkeys. Hunting hours for Junior Hunter Training Days only: ½ hour before sunrise to 5:00 p.m. Harvested turkeys must be reported by telephone or internet.
- State Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a spring season state land turkey permit. Adult mentor must have a valid spring season turkey permit of any permit type. Adult mentor may assist in calling turkeys. Hunting hours for Junior Hunter Training Days only: ½ hour before sunrise to 5:00 p.m. Harvested turkeys must be reported by telephone or internet.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
- Private Lands Only: Licensed junior hunters must have valid pheasant harvest tags. Harvest tags must be used except when hunting on lands of a registered private hunting club with a pheasant tagging exemption.
See Current Migratory Bird Hunting Guide
- Participants must be 15 years of age or younger, possess a valid junior hunting license and a HIP permit and be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age. Adults must possess a valid hunting license; however, they are not allowed to carry a firearm. Ducks, geese, mergansers and coots may be hunted. Bag limits and shooting hours are the same as for the regular duck and goose hunting seasons.
Saturday, November 5 and Saturday, November 12, 2011
- Private Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a valid private land shotgun/rifle deer permit and written consent from landowner. Adult mentor must have a valid private land deer permit and written consent from the landowner. Harvested deer must be reported by telephone or internet.
- State Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a state land shotgun deer permit for the specific area being hunted (Lottery or No-Lottery). Adult mentor must have a valid deer permit of any type. Harvested deer must be reported by telephone or internet.
Debug Report :
( In-case you see this you have some problem kindly used this data to report me or fix things yourself remember in always here to help. )
exception 'Exception' with message 'GAPI: Failed to request report data. Error: "usageLimitsuserRateLimitExceededUnregUser Rate Limit Exceeded. Please sign uphttps://code.google.com/apis/console"' in /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-popular-posts/gapi.class.php:218
#0 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-popular-posts/google-analytics-popular-posts.php(361): gapi->requestReportData('38260418', Array, Array, Array, 'ga:pagePath=~^/...', '2013-04-25', '2013-05-25', 1, '9')
#1 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-popular-posts/google-analytics-popular-posts.php(306): GoogleAnalyticsPopularPosts_widget_output('connecticut/hun...')
#2 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-content/themes/twentyten/eregs_pageSplash.php(520): GoogleAnalyticsPopularPosts_view('connecticut/hun...', true)
#3 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-includes/template-loader.php(47): include('/mnt/stor3-wc2-...')
#4 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/wp-blog-header.php(16): require_once('/mnt/stor3-wc2-...')
#5 /mnt/stor3-wc2-dfw1/494198/www.eregulations.com/web/content/index.php(17): require('/mnt/stor3-wc2-...')
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com