Hunting on Private Land Consent Form
Download and print the Private Land Consent Forms
- All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
- Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry the form below, signed and dated for the current season. This is required of both archery and firearms hunters.
- You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license and permits, but you must purchase all required licenses and permits before you hunt.
- Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
- Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
- Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
- Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
Photocopies of these forms may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com