Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

About This Guide

Brought to you by:

State of Connecticut

Dannel P. Malloy, Governor


Department of Environmental Protection

Daniel C. Esty, Commissioner

Susan Frechette, Deputy Commissioner

Bureau of Natural Resources

William Hyatt, Chief

Wildlife Division

Richard Jacobson, Director

Department of Environmental Protection

79 Elm Street
Hartford, CT 06106-5127


In conformance with the ADA individuals with disabilities who need this information in an alternative format, to allow them to benefit and/or participate in the agency’s programs and services, should call 860-424-3051 or 860-418-5937 or e-mail Marcia Z. Bonitto, ADA Coordinator, at: Persons who are hearing impaired should call the State of Connecticut relay number (711). Requests for accommodations must be made at least two weeks prior to the program date.

This guide is intended to provide a summary of the most pertinent laws and regulations concerning hunting and trapping, and to provide information on these opportunities in Connecticut. No attempt has been made to employ the exact wording of laws and regulations, nor to provide their complete listing. For legal purposes the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies and the General Statutes of Connecticut must be consulted.


Directory of Services

For additional information the following DEP offices may be contacted from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please note that the DEP – Licensing and Revenue Permit Sales Office is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Note that the Sales Office closes at noon before major holidays and may close early during periods of severe weather.

Wildlife Division 860-424-3011

Division of Env. Cons. Police 860-424-3012

Licensing and Revenue 860-424-3105

Inland Fisheries Division 860-424-FISH

Marine Fisheries Division 860-434-6043

Parks and Recreation Division 860-424-3200

Forestry Division 860-424-3630

DEP Home Page

Field Services

Questions concerning hunting, trapping, fishing, boating, camping, recreational use of state lands, forestry, and law enforcement may be directed to one of the following field offices (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).

Eastern Area Headquarters 860-295-9523

Western Area Headquarters 860-485-0226

Office of Boating Safety (Old Lyme) 860-434-8638

Marine Patrol (Old Lyme) 860-434-9840

Conservation/Firearms Safety Course Information

Sessions Woods WMA 860-675-8130

Franklin Swamp WMA 860-642-7239

24 Hour Emergency Numbers

Turn-In-Poachers (TIP) 1-800-842-4357

DEP-Emergency Dispatch 860-424-3333


Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
JF Griffin Media
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: