Hunting on Private Lands
- All hunters are required to have landowner permission when hunting on private land.
- Private land deer and turkey hunters must carry the form below, signed and dated for the current season. This is required of both archery and firearms hunters.
- You may have a landowner sign a dated consent form before you purchase your license, permits, and stamps, but you must purchase all required license, permits, and stamps, before you hunt.
- Landowners who allow, without fee, the recreational use of their property are protected from liability by Connecticut law (C.G.S. 52-557g).
- Properties must be at least 10 acres in size for rifle or revolver use to be authorized.
- Landowners must designate calendar year, seasons, and choice of hunting implements.
- Where baiting of deer is permitted, it is strongly recommended that individuals consult with landowners prior to placing bait.
Click here to download your Private Land Consent Forms.
Prints of these forms may be used, but to be valid, must have original signatures and dates.