Family Fishing: No Child Left Inside!
The Connecticut Aquatic Resources Education (Care) Program will introduce you and your family to the fun of fishing. Even ice fishing! Expert instruction, hands-on activities and a fishing trip will lead to wonderful time spent outside with your family or friends.
You can even borrow our tackle to catch a fish! We’re always looking for new instructors, too!
Join us for:
- Ice Fishing Classes: January classes designed to introduce you to the social, wintertime sport of ice fishing. This is an excellent project for youth groups, scouts or family organizations. Learn how to catch a big bass, pickerel or jumbo perch on a tip-up or jig pole before attending the Derby (see below).
- Family Ice Fishing Derby: January 28, 2012 — Add some adventure to your winter by trying ice fishing! Spend some quality time outdoors with family and friends. Kids get a prize just for attending.
- Family Ice Fishing at No Child Left Inside Winter Festival: February 4, 2012 — If you missed the Derby (above), you can still join us for some ice fishing! Spend some quality time with family and friends participating in lots of fun, outdoor activities.
- New Instructor Training: February 25, 2012 — CARE needs volunteers from across the state to share their love of the outdoors and fishing with others. We’ll provide you with quality training and the equipment you’ll need. If you’re a self-starter and are interested in enriching people’s lives with the sport of fishing, join the over 2,000 volunteers that have helped so far.
- Family Fishing Courses: We realize how busy family schedules can get, so join us for a 2 day fishing course! Let Certified CARE Instructors teach you all you need to know to get started fishing with family and friends. Meet for just two hours of classroom time to learn how to cast, identify your catch, select the right bait and tie a strong knot. Then take those skills to the field on your very next meeting, CARE Instructors will coach you and your family to success at a local pond or lake fishing trip.
- Summer Fishing Classes: Certified CARE Instructors provide students with an interactive learning experience featuring a chance to go fishing! Many of these July and August classes follow the Family fishing Course format described above.
- Fishing Courses at our Education Center: Teachers and home-school groups can teach lessons from our curriculum on water and fish to their students. The curriculum even meets several State Science Standards! Participation qualifies you for a spring or autumn expeditionary learning adventure to our education center in Killingworth. There, students will learn safety and fishing skills and actually go fishing in our pond! Teachers and parents accompany and assist their children.
For more information or a CARE Class Schedule visit our website at: www.ct.gov/dep and enter “CARE” in the search box, or call Inland Fisheries at 860-424-FISH or the CARE Center at 860-663-1656.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com