Free Family Fishing Lessons
Connecticut Freshwater Fishing
Where Connecticut Learns to Fish!
Since 1986, the CARE program has been training and partnering with volunteers in order to conduct FREE family fishing courses around the state! Let CARE introduce you and your family to the wonderful world of fishing and connect you to CT’s amazing natural resources.
For more information about CARE, becoming an instructor, and our class schedule visit www.ct.gov/deep/care.
Annual CARE Special Fishing Events
- January: Winter Ice Fishing Derby
- February: Winterfest with No Child Left Inside©
- May: Family Fishing Day
- August: Saltwater Fishing Event
Summer Camp Fishing Programs
- Half-day classes for campers
- Partner with summer camps
- Morning & afternoon classes
- Up to 30 campers age 8–15
Family Fishing & Family Ice Fishing Classes
- Held at a location near you
- Classroom instruction (2 hours)
- Fishing trip to a local water
- www.ct.gov/deep/care (schedule)
- Equipment is provided for use
Forster Pond School Partnership
- Teachers are trained on CARE curriculum
- Students are taught in their own classroom
- Field trip to our fishing education center
Join Our Team. Share Your Passion.
CARE new instructor training courses are offered each February and June. Call us 860-663-1656 to apply. Applicants must pass a State Police background check.
The CARE Program would like to thank Instructors
SUSAN QUINCY and LENNY TUBBS for teaching Family Fishing Courses for 15 years! These environmental stewards have combined to volunteer over 700 hours of their time while teaching over 3,600 new anglers about the sport of fishing. Thank you CARE Instructors!