Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation
Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter

Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
No Thanks!

Pheasant Stamps, Waterfowl Stamps & Hip Permits

Brought to you by:

Pheasant Stamps

  • Valid from October through February
  • Fees: $28 Resident $28 Non-Resident

Current firearms hunting license or Small Game and Archery Deer Permit required. Tags are no longer required. When purchased, authorization for pheasant hunting will be printed on your license.

Connecticut Migratory Bird Hunting Authorization

  • Valid for Calendar Year
  • Fees: $13 Resident $13 Non-Resident
  • Junior hunters ages 12-15 exempt. The actual state stamp no longer needs to be signed or carried while hunting. If you want a copy of the actual stamp mailed to you, answer “yes” to the prompt when selecting the stamp for purchase. Physical stamps can also be purchased by mailing a request with the enclosed fee to DEEP Licensing & Revenue,
    79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106.

Connecticut HIP Permit

  • Valid for Calendar Year
  • Fees: $4 Resident $4 Non-Resident

Federal Migratory Bird Conservation Stamp

  • Valid from July 1 through June 30
  • Fees: $15 Resident $15 Non-Resident

Available at most Post Offices. Also available by telephone and online.
Go to for more information. Stamp must be signed in ink across its face. Junior hunters ages 12–15 exempt.

Regulations in red are new this year.

Purple text indicates an important note.

Return to the home page
Brought to you by:
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
JF Griffin Media
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: