Other Public Hunting Areas
California Bird Hunting
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service offers public hunting on other national wildlife refuges including:
- Lower Klamath and Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuges
In Siskiyou and Modoc counties; contact Tule Lake Refuge headquarters, located seven miles west of the town of Tulelake, Route 1, Box 74, Tulelake, CA 96134, (530) 667-2231.
- Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Contact P.O. Box 576, Loleta, CA 95551, (707) 733-5406
- Modoc National Wildlife Refuge
Located two miles southeast of Alturas; contact refuge headquarters, P.O. Box 1610, Alturas, CA 96101, (530) 233-3572
- San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge Complex
Contact 1 Marshlands Road, Fremont, CA 94555
- Stone Lakes National Wildlife Refuge
1624 Hood-Franklin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95757, (916) 775-4421
- Havasu National Wildlife Refuge
317 Mesquite Avenue, Needles CA 92363-2649
- Cibola National Wildlife Refuge
Contact P.O. Box AP, Blythe, CA 92225
- Imperial National Wildlife Refuge
Contact P.O. Box 2217, Martinez Lake, AZ 85364
For additional information about National Wildlife Refuges, please go to:
The CA Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) allows hunting at the following sites:
- San Luis Project Reservoirs in Merced County located about 13 miles west of Los Banos. Contact DPR, P.O. Box 991, Los Banos, CA 93635.
- Picacho State Recreation Area located along the Colorado River in Imperial County about 20 miles north of Winterhaven; contact P.O. Box 1207, Winterhaven, CA 92283.