Fund-raising Random Drawing Tags
Fund-raising random drawing tags generate dedicated funding for wildlife management programs that benefit big game species. Each year the fund-raising random drawing tags generated more than $200,000 for big game management in California.
Fund-raising Random Drawing Tag Basics:
- Any resident or nonresident who will be age 12 or older as of July 1, 2017 may apply.
- No limit on the number of applications you can submit.
- Does not use or affect your preference points.
- Winners are awarded a tag at no additional cost.
- A hunting license is not required to apply, but must be purchased if drawn.
- Apply from April 15, 2017 through June 2, 2017 at license agents, CDFW license sales offices, online at www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales or by telephone at (800) 565-1458.
- Tags are awarded by random lottery which is run within 10 business days of the deadline. Winners are notified by phone.
Open zone deer tag
An Open Zone deer tag allows the hunter to hunt during the authorized season dates of any hunt, using the specific method and meeting any special conditions of the tag for that hunt.
Northeastern California Pronghorn TAG
The Fund-raising Random Drawing Pronghorn Tag allows the hunter to hunt in any of the Northeastern pronghorn zones, (Mount Dome, Clear Lake, Likely Tables, Lassen, Big Valley and Surprise Valley) with any legal method. The hunt dates are from July 29, 2017 to September 17, 2017.
Marble/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains Desert Bighorn Sheep Tag
This fund-raising tag is valid only in the Marble/Clipper and South Bristol Mountains hunt zones. Season dates are from November 4, 2017 through February 4, 2018. Any resident or nonresident who will be age 16 or older as of July 1, 2017 may apply. If drawn, the hunter must attend a mandatory orientation to receive the tag.
Owens Valley Tule Elk Tag
The Owens Valley Elk Tag is valid in all elk zones within the Owens Valley, with any legal method. Only one elk may be harvested. The hunt dates are from July 29, 2017 to August 27, 2017.