Join the Griffin's Guide HUNTING newsletter
Get weekly news, tips and photos from the world of hunting.
[contact-form-7 id="35884" title="GG Email"]
The 2014 New Jersey Freshwater Fishing Guide is now available!
To view the new guide, please download the pdf
. Check back in the coming days as we work to put up the new 2014 website.
Below is content from the 2013 guide.
ANTLERED BUCKS (bare antlers visible above natural hairline)
- Statewide – one a day.
- White-Tailed Buck Limit – Three during all combined seasons. One of the three must have at least 4 antler points 1” or longer on one antler (except for Barbour County). A point is an antler projection of at least one inch in length from base to tip. Main beam tip shall be counted as a point regardless of length.
- Barbour County Antler Restriction –White-tailed deer bucks must have a minimum of three points on one side, (except on the statewide special youth deer hunting date).
UNANTLERED DEER (except spotted fawns)
- During the Unantlered Deer Gun, Special Muzzleloader, Bow and Arrow, Spear, and Special Youth (under 16) Seasons – two deer per day – only one of which may be an antlered buck (two unantlered deer; or, one unantlered deer and one antlered deer). See Special Exception #2 for selected areas with one unantlered deer per day limit during firearms season.
SPECIAL YOUTH (under 16) DEER HUNTING
- Statewide, (includes all Privately Owned and Leased Lands and Open Permit – Public Lands (except Wildlife Management Areas) on November 15–18. Dog hunting in those counties or parts of counties where and how it is allowed during the regular dog deer hunting season. Same legal arms and ammunition apply as in Unantlered Deer season, in accordance with Rule 220-2-.119. See the 2013-14 Wildlife Management Area Schedule for youth deer hunting dates and other information.
If notes 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 appear by the county listed, see the special exceptions on 2013-2014 Seasons & Bag Limits: Hunting & Trapping.
- Note (1) relates to February deer hunting.
- Note (2) relates to restricted unantlered deer season.
- Note (3) relates to dog deer hunting.
- Note (4) relates to U.S. Corp of Engineers Lands.
- Note (5) relates to National Forest Service Lands.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin Media reaches 9,000,000 sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 30 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 15 state agencies. For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com