Skip to Main Content Skip to Main Navigation

Who Needs a License

Brought to you by:

You are…






Hunting on land
you own



Fishing from the bank (public waters) with a hook & line in the county you live in



Military stationed
in Alabama


Stationed in
(30 days or more) may purchase resident license

Military visiting Alabama

Home on leave —
No license required (must have copy of leave papers)

Purchase of
license required

* Residency is determined by Driver’s License State of Issuance.

Licenses are available by calling the toll-free number 1-888-848-6887 and online at

Return to the home page
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC &, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/ directly at 413-884-1001,
This is not the full law. Consult the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources for further details. All persons are reminded that the statutes, code and regulations are the legal authorities.
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: