The regulations found in the 2016-2017 Alabama Hunting and Fishing Regulations will take effect on 8/31/2016.
To visit them, click here
Hunting & Trapping Important Notes
- All persons hunting on private lands of another must have written permission from the landowner with few exceptions.
- Hunting by the aid of bait is illegal in Alabama.
- All required hunting and fishing licenses must be in possession when hunting or fishing.
- Hunters are required to have a deer / turkey harvest record in possession when hunting.
- All deer and turkey hunters are asked to report their harvest using Game Check. See page 14 for more information.
- See hunter orange requirement and definition of open permit – public land. Consult management area leaflet for special rules and regulations and seasons before hunting State Wildlife Management Areas.
- Any party controlling hunting rights may, by choice, be more restrictive on seasons and bag limits than those stipulated below.
Regulations in red are new this year.
Purple text indicates an important note.
Conservation Partner Advertisements: The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources allows appropriate advertising in its annual regulation guides in print and online, in order to defray or eliminate expenses to the state, and support enhanced communications with Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Constituents. Through a unique partnership with J.F.Griffin Publishing, LLC & eRegulations.com, ‘Conservation Partners’ have been established that pay for advertising in support of the regulations both in print and online. The Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources neither endorses products or services listed or claims made; nor accepts any liability arising from the use of products or services listed. Advertisers interested in the Conservation Partners program should contact J.F.Griffin/eRegulations.com directly at 413-884-1001,
J.F. Griffin reaches 20 million sportsmen every year through our print and digital publications. We produce 47 hunting and fishing regulation guides for 22 state agencies.
For advertising information, please visit: www.jfgriffin.com